Mar 6, 2017
Keller is an award-winning former journalist, a respected literary
agent, an author, speaker and acclaimed book marketing consultant.
She got her first job as a newspaper reporter as a 16 year
old college freshman. Since then, Wendy worked for PR Newswire; the
Knight-Ridder newspaper chain; as managing editor of Dateline
magazine; and as associate publisher of Los Angeles’ and later, the
second-largest Spanish language weekly, La Gaceta.
was 26 when her own first book was published. Today, she is
the author of 31 published books under 9 pseudonyms and 11
self-published books. She has been a featured guest on 53
television programs, including Dr Phil, Dateline NBC, CBS The Early
Show, Hannity and Colmes, and more. She has been a guest on
+500 radio shows, primarily in North America, and has been
interviewed/quoted in The Chicago Tribune, New York Post, The Wall
Street Journal, and many more. She has personally taught +20,000
authors how to get published; and over 7,500 people how to get
started as paid, professional speakers – a major method for selling
lots of copies of a book. She founded what is now Keller Media,
Inc. as “ForthWrite Literary Agency” in 1989.
- Keller Media: sells books to publishers, building platforms to
- Being a regional expert – distinguish yourself from other
businesses in your area.
- Personality determines what type of platform you should
- Building a platform will help your business in as little as 60
- Writing a book – you must have a platform!
- Specialty, interviews, articles, etc are all part of your
- Non-fiction book proposal is like a business plan for your
book. Agent sells it to a publisher. Write the book. Publish the
book. Get media.
- If you don’t have a platform, will have to self publish, and
will not be as successful.
- Wendy does a mock consultation about how to take a platform and
turn it into revenue.
- Test strategies before spending a lot of money.
- Language, color, theme, etc. all contribute to success of
- Meeting planner will arrange the speaking engagements you will
be booked with.
- Demo real, website, social media – all contribute to your
likelihood of getting booked to speak at an event.
- 45-60 minutes is a typical amount of time that speaking
- If you are teaching or training, use powerpoint.
- Wendy shares a personal story of a set back she suffered in her
life. With the decision to get through it, things will
- Heroes: Andrew Carnegie, Tony Robbins, etc.
- Rituals: Wake up in a good mood, Journaling, Rowing and Lifting
- Favorite Book:
The Ultimate Guide to Platform Building by Wendy Keller.
The Art of Woo.
Think and Grow Rich
- Best business advice: “It’s about them- shift your
- Contact: http://www.kellermedia.com/
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro
Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head
over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating
(5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you
have any questions or comments about this show or its contents,
please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to