Nov 21, 2016
Dr. Kevin Wong graduated from
Palmer West in 1996 as Valedictorian of his class and a recipient
of a "Clinical Excellence Award". In 2004, the Contra Costa Sun Newspaper voted
Dr. Kevin the best Chiropractor in Lamorinda. In 2008, and again in
2009, KRON 4 Television nominated Dr. Kevin for "The Best of The
Bay" in the Chiropractic category. He has taught for over 18 years across the
United States and Internationally. In 2015, he will teach over 100
hours of continuing education classes to other Chiropractors in
places like Daytona Beach, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Phoenix, AZ,
Anchorage, AK, Edmonton, Canada and others.
- The love for people pulled Dr. Kevin to chiropractic.
- New docs are professional students, but they struggle
with being a business person.
- In an associateship, you learn what to do and what NOT to
- “Saturdays are fantastic days to practice.”
- If you have your protocols in place and you are consistent, you
will be successful.
- Kevin treats everybody, takes insurance, and does a lot of
extremity work, little PI and worker’s comp.
- Travels and teaches about Foot Levelers, found a way to
distinguish himself from other health care providers.
- Yelp only takes into account the reviews that are from common
- Yelp, Google, Facebook, Referrals, LinkedIn (not much help),
- “You make your own luck” by working hard.
- Is this practice what I want it to be? Sit down and think about
- Actionable content for new doc: get on insurance plans, get
experienced, get different avenues for income (orthotics, Rock
Tape, Biofreeze, Laser), pay attention to continuing education,
have multiple ways to treat patients.
- Actionable content for established docs: look outside the box
and see what else to being into the practice, learn new skill, new
- Lesson learned: after getting a complaint filed against him,
Dr. Kevin learned how you cannot stop being who you are when people
try to hurt you.
- Successful = Mark Charrette (teacher), Chris Carraway (family),
His wife (his practice).
- “The universe has decided the path you are going to walk on,
just follow the path.”
E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- The Millionaire Next
Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Contact: orindachiropractic.com
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro
Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head
over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating
(5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you
have any questions or comments about this show or its contents,
please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to