Nov 15, 2016
Dr Jason Gerard holds a Doctorate
of Chiropractic from Northwestern College of Chiropractic. He
has been a speaker at Parker Seminars and in international speaker
as well. He's a member of the USA Wellness Advisory Council
for Wrestling, Judo, and Weightlifting and is president of
ChiroMission Inc., a not For Profit organization, that helps raise
funds and provides healthcare for the less fortunate in countries
such as Haiti, the Dominican Republic, St. Vincent and the
Grenadines and more.
- Gerard’s WHY: Had exercise-induced asthma after football
injury, checked out chiropractic to be involved in sports. Never
had to use his inhaler.
- ChiroMission: serving
in a region where the people do not have care and spread the
message of chiropractic. 3 trips a year at least.
- Dreamed of making the biggest practice in Minnesota. Goal of
- Patient experience: Knowing names, how they were referred,
having a good feeling about the practice. “If we can get to the
cause, you are in the right place.”
- By the time patients walk in, they have already “checked you
out” and made up their minds.
- 90% cash practice – Cash vs. Insurance – Level of commitment is
- High volume practice means short visit times.
- Referrals are high proportion of marketing strategies. Social
media and websites, Talks and workshops, screenings.
- Google reviews: retention and attraction tool, patients have
eye-opening moment when they actually write it down and share
- “Motel vs Hilton” means giving an above-average service.
- Good For You
Productions puts together the “experience” videos.
- Going door-to-door made him aware of his commitment to success.
Get out of your comfort zone.
- Actionable content for new docs: Have a plan, visit many people
90 days in advance of opening your practice.
- Actionable content for established: Reignite the passion! Get
out there and get out of your tescomfort zone!
- Lesson learned: Becoming a leader of a team, realizing there is
more than just you involved.
- Success = stories of amazing people that are not famous but
they are accomplishing goals in their terms. “Unsung heroes”
- Daily habits: Prayer, Affirmations, Green Books, exercise.
- Book: Start with WHY
by Simon Sinek
- Best business advice: Do whatever your goals are, but do it on
your own terms, for the right reasons.
- Contact: lakewoodschiropractic.com
- Facebook: Lakewoods
Chiropractic and ChiroMission.
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or
helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d
love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe.
While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and
a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or
comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the
comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!