Dec 14, 2016
Dr. Ryan DeBell graduated from the University of Washington’s
Foster School of Business magna cum laude in 2009. He then went on
to earn his Doctorate in Chiropractic medicine and Master of
Science degree from the University of Western States, graduating
summa cum laude, in 2012. He blended his love for business and
chiropractic medicine to create “The Movement Fix”, a popular blog,
series of workshops, and clinic located in Lynnwood, WA. Through
‘The Movement Fix”, Dr. DeBell has traveled the country teaching
workshops and enjoyed a quickly thriving practice.
- Debell shares his story of how he wanted to become a
- Starting out he had a survival mindset, then his vision
- School doesn’t teach real world business
- Startup money came from credit cards, NCMIC, co-signer.
- Live talks are effective at getting new patients.
- 3 Pillars of his revenue streams – Physical clinic, Workshops,
- Active care in clinic – long term strategy.
- Newsletter marketing that works uses: "opt-in", special offers,
and blog posts.
- Live events – largest revenue source.
- He loves reading books about self-improvement, business,
- Having a coach- helps with urgency and better ideas.
- “Human beings are deadline driven creatures”
- Time blocking – put your time towards things that matter most.
Figure out what is required to be successful. Ex: New patient
- “ABCDE” method of prioritizing tasks.
- Success = Consistency
- Find out: What are people searching for? What do people care
about? Know your audience.
- Advice for sports chiros:
- Athletic events – go there and network!
- Talks at gyms – develop relationships, be friends!
- Actionable content: Wake up 3 hours before seeing someone. Read
books on mindset, sleeping better, and eating better (self-improve
and change habits).
- “You can directly affect your daily habits, which indirectly
effect you circumstances”
- Release January 1: The Daily
- HealthFit Business
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro
Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head
over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating
(5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you
have any questions or comments about this show or its contents,
please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to