Jan 16, 2017
Anthony Lombardi’s had three years of study in kinesiology at
McMaster University followed by four years at New York Chiropractic
College where he received his Doctorate of
has a special interest in sports injuries and practices in
Hamilton, Ontario at Hamilton Back Clinic. He is the clinic
director and co-founder of this successful, full-scale clinic
offering services in chiropractic, medical acupuncture, laser,
physiotherapy, automobile accidents, therapeutic massage and
- He is
the author Exstore Assessment & Treatment System and Exstore
materials and books are now available in 25 countries
been a contributor to publications such as Canadian Chiropractor,
Health Wellness & Safety Magazine, Inside Fitness Magazine and
2013 he was 1 of 5 nominated for the Chiropractor of the of the
year award in Ontario, Canada out of a pool of over
Lombardi has treated a number of professional athletes including
the National Lacrosse League (NLL) players in the Canadian Football
League (CFL) and more.
has also presided over 98,000 patient visits in 13 years of
practice at Hamilton Back Clinic.
- Lombardi speaks about his motivation to succeed in
- Keys to business success: 1. Outstanding results 2. Measure
results 3. Question everything.
Assessment System – book. Assess NMS problem and know how to
treat it in two minutes. Progressive muscle testing.
- Measuring: Rebook rate, # of phone calls/text messages/social
- Staying in the public eye with social media- reaching patients
and peers regularly
- 15 minutes per day spent writing.
- Want to be a writer? Email editor of a popular magazine to get
started. Some one will give you the opportunity.
- To motivate staff: Meet every 6 weeks, talk about goals,
- “The shorter the conversation is with you, the longer it
becomes with someone else.”
- With associates: you need a contract – very specific
- Email: email@example.com –
associate contract sample
- Patient self-discharge: measure rebook rate, shows how well you
- When patients say they are feeling well, tell them “let the
doctor make the determination.”
- Give honest, professional opinion on everything.
- Week building: preparing for the future. Patients booked this
week, next week, and so on. Then compare to the past. Make changes
based on the patterns.
- Vacations – don’t take them if starting out.
- “I will do today what others won’t, so that I can do tomorrow
what others can’t.”
- Chiropractic schools and associations need to do a better job
of preparing us in business – lacking leadership.
- Sports chiropractic: using functional assessments, myofascial
release, a little luck! Put yourself in a position to attract
- Lombardi talks about drawing the line when volunteering your
- Must have the skill set to treat athletes! Soft tissue work and
- Actionable content
- New doc: forget what you learned in school. Find a mentor. Be
open to new things.
- Seasoned doc: be open to change. Break your comfort zone.
- Learn how to deal with people – becoming a manager.
- For “The Hot List of 100 Questions” – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heroes: His wife, Monica, and his kids, his parents.
- Affirmations: Thank God!
- Favorite book: The
Rework by Jason Fried
- Best business advice: “Value yourself.” And “Being greedy
- Contact: email@example.com,
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro
Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head
over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating
(5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you
have any questions or comments about this show or its contents,
please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to