Dec 26, 2016
graduated with honors from Florida
State University in 1995 with a B.S. in Biological Sciences. While
enrolled in his chiropractic education, Dr. Ferrantelli completed
his certification to become a Certified Strength and Conditioning
Specialist (C.S.C.S.) through the N.S.C.A. passing his
certification in 1995. He earned his Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.)
degree from Life University School of Chiropractic, graduating
Magna Cum Laude in March 1999. Dr. Ferrantelli has appeared in many
top research journals and in 2010, he took over as CEO for
PostureCo, Inc. – a leading technology company focusing on software
development for clinicians and fitness professionals specializing
in postural and spinal rehabilitative methods.
- Joe discusses how he got started with chiropractic and
- PostureCo – software branch of Chiropractic Biophysics. Take a
photo of the patient, analyzes posture and creates a PDF document
for EHR. “Lean screen” can measure BMI. Video can analyze
- Web Exercises
- Give a patient something to take home with them for
- Perceived value in technology
- Inter and Intra-examiner reliablility
- $39.99 one time fee through iTunes or $15.00 per month for
- Using new technologies – 3D assessment of posture on iPad,
integrations with 3rd party hardware and software, patient taking
posture pics of other people.
- Teaching patients about posture is crucial to help with their
- What is holding docs from being successful? Your own headspace
is holding you back! You need to have a coach! Make sure you do not
create a personality based practice.
- Lesson learned: you cannot do everything yourself. Its less
costly in the long run to hire people to do jobs you cannot
- Heros: Dr. Don Harrison, Deed Harrison, Dr. Joe’s Father
- “It’s okay if you fail as long as you give it your best.”
- Joe took a chance by opening his business on credit cards.
- Favorite book:
CBP Structual Rehabilitation of Cervical Spine
- Best business advice: Get a good accountant and financial
planner early on.
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or helpful information in the Chiro
Business Mojo Podcast then we’d love to hear about it! Please head
over to iTunes and subscribe. While you’re at it, leave us a rating
(5 stars would be great) and a review so others can find us! If you
have any questions or comments about this show or its contents,
please post them in the comments area below and we’ll be happy to