Dec 16, 2016
Shawn Dill is a 1995 graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic. For
eight years Dr. Dill practiced in the country of Costa Rica, where
along with establishing what many consider to be the largest upper
cervical practice in the world, he also authored the law that
regulates the practice of chiropractic in the country.
returning to the United States, Dr. Dill has become a noted
authority in Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractic. He is the CEO of
The Specific Chiropractic Centers, which now operates eight Knee
Chest Upper Cervical Specific clinics, and also offers consulting
services to entrepreneurs and health care
Dill has completed his certification with Michael Port, author of
the best-selling book, Book Yourself Solid, and as a Certified Book
Yourself Solid Coach, offers his consulting services and workshops
to empower vitalistic-minded healthcare professionals to get booked
Dill is also a past member of the faculty at Life Chiropractic
College West, having served as the Director of the Institute for
Advanced Care in Chiropractic. In addition, he has also served as
the Chair of the Council on Upper Cervical Care of the
International Chiropractors Association. He is also a member of the
faculty at The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine,
teaching their Business Practices & Marketing
continues to be highly sought as a speaker, making numerous
international appearances each year. Dr. Dill has been featured on
international radio and television programs. Dr. Dill’s impassioned
messages of health, ethics and integrity-based practices motivate
doctors and lay-people from around the world.
- Dill was inspired by his cousin’s success as a
- Lesson learned – if moving to a foreign country, learn the
- Started upper cervical clinic in U.S., then taught his
technique through licensing model, then moved into franchising
- “The standard is the standard.” – The importance of
- If you have strong systems, you can bring other people into the
- Aquiring new patients: Marketing and Sales systems
- Marketing creates awareness of who you are and what you have to
- Sales is when people commit time and finances.
- Have a strong website that is a lead generator – begin the
- No barrier to entry offer, community based mindset.
- Event-based marketing
- Referral opportunities
Pendulum by Roy Williams
- Community networking – collecting email addresses, operate off
of your contacts/network, create relationships by reaching out and
- Understand that you should only serve the people you were meant
to serve. Your target market.
- Find people that already resonate with your purpose, and only
- Personality types make certain people more successful than
- Successful people have the ability to influence others. They
are not followers.
- Find where you best fit in (business owner, associate, etc) and
that is where you will be most successful.
- “Marketing to the 90” – a talk by Dr. Shawn Dill. We are
recycling the same 10% of patients instead of getting new
- People like to get “checked” but they do not understand why
they always have subluxations. We are giving mixed messages. We
need to convey the message that it is important to get your nervous
system regularly checked.
- You HAVE to be willing to take risks! You have to be willing to
taste failure to have success.
- Be in good relationship with your money. Be successful so you
can help others. Being happy, being healthy. Biggest commodities:
time and money.
- Heroes: Rosa Parks, parents, People who stand up for what they
- Rituals: Passion
Planner, check emails, check in on financial world.
Predictable Success by Les Mckeown
- “Don’t try to serve everybody”
Contact: Facebook.com/thespecific, www.drshawndill.com – email
Like what you hear?
If you’ve found any value or
helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d
love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe.
While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and
a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or
comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the
comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!