Nov 17, 2016
Dr. Ben Knight was born and raised
on a farm outside of the small town of Sergeant Bluff, IA. He
completed his undergraduate studies at Morningside College in Sioux
City, IA where he was a four-year letter winner and an All-American
in wrestling and he later attended Northwestern Chiropractic
College, where he met his wife, Chelsie.
Not only does he have a high
volume, high-collecting, vitalistic practice, but he has been able
to create a practice model, where the wheels are still turning even
when he is not there. Dr. Knight and his wife completely step away
from the office for a vacation every 2 months.
Ben now resides in Chanhassen, MN
with his wife Chelsie and their two dogs Bailey and Grecko.
The two of them love spending time in nature, fishing,
listening to vinyl records and working on growing the new start-up
church they belong to.
- He believes in the value of a
handshake and honoring your word.
- He thinks it's important to be an
entrepreneur as well as a chiropractor.
- During his start-up, failure
was not an option.
- While a student he took a
part-time job as a marketer and that helped him learn how to get
- He learned Brad Glowaki’s
- Best advice: it’s easy to ride
the wave, but you need to increase your energy.
- Growth happens in
- Getting an office manager - very
- Staff is now in charge of
- Average visit is 3-5
- Break down of his patient types:
15% insurance, 10% PI, 75% cash
- “You need to strive at 360
degrees of success.”
- “Marketing wheel,” Referrals,
Talks during winter months, Dinner Talks, Screenings in the summer
- Talking to managers of businesses
– Health Strategies Program (increase in productivity, decrease in
- Wellness is strongest point of
- Success is measured in your own
values. Hard work, realizing you don’t have it all figured
- See what works for other people
and give it a try!
- Take a vacation every 2
- Having more priorities besides
your business is important.
- Actionable content: Be openly
focused when in school. “Fail faster. Get comfortable being
- Lesson learned: Not invincible,
- “Win board” – focus on the
- Successful = Bob Coughlin from
church – joyful and congruent life.
- Daily rituals: Keep a positive
mindset – Win board, Read books/ Bible.
- Favorite Book: How to Win
Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Best business advice: “You need
to focus on getting the patient to say yes” Find a solution to
- Contact: email email@example.com
you hear? Subscribe!
If you’ve found any value or
helpful information in the Chiro Business Mojo Podcast then we’d
love to hear about it! Please head over to iTunes and subscribe.
While you’re at it, leave us a rating (5 stars would be great) and
a review so others can find us! If you have any questions or
comments about this show or its contents, please post them in the
comments area below and we’ll be happy to answer them!